Saturday, August 21, 2010

Smoothie of the Day - August 21, 2010

More coffee smoothie!
We're going to be running around all day today, so I made another coffee smoothie to get me through. This time I was out of chocolate chips (I may or may not have eaten them all), so I tried using Ovaltine instead. I also used cow milk, instant coffee, vanilla extract, frozen spinach (LOVE IT), and ice. But the resulting drink was bitter. Sigh. So I threw it all back in the Vitamix with a spoonful of sugar and more milk - much better. (I also made a breakfast burrito with Trader Joe's eggs, Morningstar Farms fake-bacon, Trader Joe's peach salsa, and a Laughing Cow lite swiss wedge on a Smart & Delicious tortilla. Yum.)

We're going to try to make the ribbon-cutting ceremony for a new ice rink today in Forsyth County. (Sadly, the name of the town in which the rink resides is also slang for something somewhat obscene, and at the moment that's not the kind of traffic I want to encourage for this blog...)

Then hopefully we'll visit with a friend of mine who lives near the rink, and later we're going to the library - I'm picking up RuPaul's book as well as Lynn Peril's book College Girls: Bluestockings, sex kittens, and coeds, then and now. Speaking of books, I'm about 3/4 of the way through Quiet, Please: Dispatches from a public librarian by Scott Douglas. It's enjoyable, but it's a bit slow in spots, and I preferred Free for All: Oddballs, Geeks, and Gangstas in the Public Library by Don Borchert. I've also started poking at Sunshine by Robin McKinley, which one friend gave me and another insisted I read. And I also have (from the library) Every Day in Tuscany by Frances Mayes, The Butcher and the Vegetarian by Tara Austen Weaver, and a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment