Monday, August 23, 2010

Coupons aren't everything! (A savings post)

Om nom nom YDFM pile
I'm a big coupon user, and I love to save money, but coupons can also be a huge pain in the ass. Seriously. So look what I got without any coupons at YDFM - tons of fresh produce (mostly organic), including kale, broccoli, carrots, lemons, oranges, apples, bananas, red plums; mineral water; pomegranate juice; chia seeds (I'm going to try them in my smoothies); organic coconut oil; almond milk; cheese; and more, all for under $50. To me, smart shopping means making sure you get the most for your money, rather than spending the least amount possible. I tend to spread out shopping between YDFM, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods (and Harry's), Publix, and Kroger, with the occasional trip to a specialty market like Cherians or Super H-Mart. It just depends on the week, the fridge, the sales, the coupons, and what I have time for.

Oooh the bread! The bread!
Just look at this gorgeous bread. Look at it! Click the picture if you want to read the ingredients. It's not the cheapest bread I've ever bought, but it's absolutely the most delicious. Nom. I also have a weakness for their Italian bread, sourdough bread, baguettes...

No comments:

Post a Comment