Monday, August 16, 2010

Let me tell you about: Pomplamoose and their VideoSongs


Pomplamoose covering Beyonce's Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)


Last night I was watching my favorite show in the universe, CBS Sunday Morning (what would I do without my Tivo?). They did a story about musicians getting noticed on YouTube, and it focused on that kid Grayson who did the Lady Gaga cover and a few others. But the clip that they used to both tease and open the story was the video above by Pomplamoose, a band that I absolutely adore. Made up of boyfriend/girlfriend team Nataly and Jack, Pomplamoose do both covers and originals, and they do them with a medium they call a "VideoSong." They explain on their YouTube page...

"This cover is a VideoSong, a new medium with 2 rules:
1. What you see is what you hear (no lip-syncing for instruments or voice).
2. If you hear it, at some point you see it (no hidden sounds)."

So it's not only wonderful to listen to, but it's also amazing to watch, a combination I think is often rare on YouTube and elsewhere.

Their cover of Mr. Sandman was used in a car commercial, and they have a few albums available on iTunes and Amazon. Nataly has her own YouTube channel, as does Jack, and Nataly is also in another band called My Terrible Friend. I like it all. And I was disappointed that Sunday Morning didn't feature them in the story and/or explain who was in the video being teased. So here I am to tell you.

Check them out. I think you'll be pleased.


 
Pomplamoose covering Lady Gaga's Telephone

1 comment:

  1. Great post, LOVE this band...and now I'm adding to my iTunes!

    ReplyDelete