Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bento and Smoothie of the Day (+ owl rings and gel cups) - August 18, 2010

Bento for the kid - August 18, 2010
Today's bento focused on things I know she'll eat, since yesterday's came back rather full after school. Strawberries and bananas, string cheese, Snapea Crisps, Annie's cheddar bunnies in the bento box. The food jar has black beans with olive oil and parmesan cheese. And a cereal bar.

Smoothie before - see all the green I snuck in?
Today's smoothie in the Vitamix - cow milk, semi-frozen half banana, fresh strawberries, frozen strawberries, frozen spinach, frozen pomegranate seeds, flax seeds, and a spoonful of Ovaltine. (I'm hoping when this container is finished that I can find a non-Nestle replacement.)

Smoooooth smoothie!

Again, yummy. And healthy!

I'm trying to lose a bit of baby weight (yeah, my baby is three, so?), and so these smoothies are all that I have for breakfast most mornings. I've also purchased Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred DVD as well as hand weights. I did the Shred once, and I really did enjoy the intense-yet-short workout (my free time is very limited, even with the kid in preschool, so short is good), but I also threw my knee out before I started and found it to be a bit too intense right now. So I've done one day out of 30 - that's how it works, right? One day a week for 30 weeks? Oh. Instead I'm occasionally doing Wii Fit aerobics (on the setting that I love, where I can watch TV/a movie while stepping) and thinking VERY hard about doing another day of the Shred. Really.

Meanwhile, I've been loving these non-gelatin gel cups from Trader Joe's:

A fabulous snack for this vegetarian.
I noticed them a few months ago in the store and grabbed them - there's also a peach-mango flavor - and became an instant fan. They're low calorie, they're delicious, but most of all they're vegetarian. I don't exactly miss gelatin (when I think about what's in gelatin, I definitely don't miss it), but I have some fond childhood memories of it, and it's nice to be able to indulge again.

And I made some rings last night - these will be for sale at a local boutique soon, but I think they'll show up in my etsy store too, if you're interested.

Everyone loves owls, hearts, and little birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment