Sunday, August 29, 2010

One-Inch Buttons Galore aka What I Did Saturday Night

Look at all those one-inch buttons! Love it!


Last night I hung out at home while my husband took our daughter out to practice walking at the mall. Yeah, the mall - think about it, it has open spaces, lots to look at, and very flat and smooth floors. Ideal for a little kid who is learning to use a walker. I spent my time watching a movie and making 40 one-inch buttons (more to come!) for my favorite local independent children's bookstore to sell during the Decatur Book Festival. Alice in Wonderland! Book love! Grammar love! Random adorable birds! I think I'll throw in some cupcake one-inch buttons later. And of course, all of these designs are either already available in my Etsy store (go to http://www.buttonbabeboutique.com to find it any time) or can be custom made for you.

While I punched and stamped my buttons, I watched The Invention of Lying, which was not earth-shattering but was definitely entertaining. It was filmed near where I grew up, although I didn't recognize any landmarks. I really thought it wasted the opportunity to make some really strong statements on religion and what religion really means - it danced around it but never went for the jugular there. Still, if you're looking for a light movie for an evening in, it's worth renting or getting out of the library. I do love Ricky Gervais a lot - he makes the movie for sure.

Earlier yesterday we made an epic run through Trader Joe's. Thrifty shopping what? I mean, yes, you can absolutely use Trader Joe's as a part of your frugal living. There are many great deals on basics (I got whole wheat flour for $2.99, which is a great everyday price, I think - cupcakes ahoy! And organic frozen fruit is the cheapest I've found.) but did I really truly need six individual packs of kettle corn? (I did! They're portion controlled! It totally wouldn't be cheaper to make my own from scratch...oh...yeah...) Did I really need green-tea mints? Gorditas? Ah well. It's all delicious and at least it doesn't have things like HFCS in it.

Oh, no smoothie this morning - it's been a lazy sleep-in type of Sunday, so I just made some hard-boiled eggs and a cup of coffee. If you haven't already guessed, I like my coffee full of milk and sugar and flavorings. And caffeine! Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment