Tuesday, December 28, 2010

End of the Year Meme List Thing - December 28, 2010

I shamelessly have borrowed (stolen?) this from the blog of E. Lockhart, an author I admire (and who could easily be on my list of "authors with whom I should be BFFs") and whose new book, the final in the Ruby Oliver series (although I secretly hope for more) Real Live Boyfriends just came out. The main character in this series may have a name that is similar to my child's. Total coincidence. Mostly.

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? 
I got in the car, looked straight ahead, and drove. To Target. To R's house. To Publix. And it felt great. I also sold my wares at two craft shows.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I looked back and didn't seem to have many actual resolutions for 2010. I did make sure my kid got everything she needed and more, and that's always an important thing.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yup. Several new 2010 babies made appearances. Hooray new babies!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.
5. What countries did you visit?
Does Massachusetts count as a country? No? Then, um....Tennessee. (I'm kidding. I didn't really go anywhere this year.)
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A daughter who can walk. And I believe it's going to happen!
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The kid's first day of preschool, I think. Maybe some other milestones she reached this year - not the exact dates, necessarily, but the fact of them happening.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The driving! Also adding new stores that carry my jewelry and selling at not one but TWO craft shows. (And making a profit at both.)
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn't do enough writing this year - not on my personal pet project nor on projects that would actually pay me money. Next year for sure. I also gained a bit of weight (eep) and never managed to do much about it. 
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I think 2010 was the year I did have some drama with my health, but mostly since we've started seeing the chiropractor we've all done reasonably well.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The Vitamix and the Keurig.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friend k8 stuck by me all year - through phone calls and iChats and dramaz and craziness. Celebrate k8! 
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Commenters on the Internet. Particularly when the subject of the main article was anything related to breastfeeding/birth. Ugh.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Groceries, I think. Nothing all that fun. 
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My kid. The Dresden Dolls show (not just for the fact that it existed at all, but also for getting to GO OUT and be a not-mom for a night). Groupons and coupons and deals. Coffee in all its forms. 
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
The Yeti Stomp. "Yet? Yet? *point point* Yet?"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? happier in some areas, sadder in others
- richer or poorer? the same, I think
- thinner or fatter? fatter. boo-urns.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise. 
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Paperwork. (Same answer as E. Lockhart, woohoo!) Insurance. Therapists. Applications. Etc.
20. How did you spend the holidays?
Hanukkah was low key. My family visited for Xmas. No big plans for NYE.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Not with anyone new. 
22. How many one-night stands?
Ha ha ha ha ha. None. What a random question!
23. What was your favorite TV program?
CBS Sunday Morning, always and forever. How I Met Your Mother, America's Got Talent, and America's Next Top Model also were favorites this year. And Dexter!  
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Probably. I'm a very nasty Scorpio.
25. What was the best book you read?
I made a list of 15 of them.
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
I saw Inception in the theater TWICE. Pretty amazing that I managed that - so even if it wouldn't be my favorite movie if I saw lots of movies, it sort of wins by default. 
27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
It fits and it's clean, so I'm wearing it. 
28 Whom did you miss?
I missed a bunch of my friends who live far away because I went and moved far away. 
29. Who was the best new person you met?
The entire staff at my kid's preschool, plus her new out-of-school speech therapist.
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Patience patience patience. Also, don't be afraid to question what you believe - it may simply make your beliefs stronger at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment