Friday, September 3, 2010

Tea of the Day (and is fall in the air?) - September 3, 2010

Peach tea from Teavana with locally sourced honey
My daughter has the sniffles and I feel that telltale sensation in the back of my throat that says that a cold may be stalking me as well. So no smoothie today (maybe later - I could use the vitamins, I know), just a nice cup of tea. It's Teavana Rooibos Peach Bloom with my friend's bees' honey. I'm using a metal strainer in this picture - I also own a fancy tea mug with a ceramic strainer from Rishi, but the holes are just too big for rooibos and I don't like chewing my tea.

I have a lot of Teavana's teas in my pantry - I got sucked in one day when I just was going to look around and perhaps buy a few ounces of one kind. Instead I had a fast-talking salesgirl (who was also very convincing) and I walked out with a large assortment of tea in a lot of (pricey) tins. At least it's delicious - the teas really are worth what they cost, and the tins really did keep my teas fresh. I found out today that two of my favorite blends - the Thai Tea and the Tahitian Limeade - are being discontinued, so I think I may need to go back and fill my tins one last time.

It's still in the 80s and 90s here in Georgia, but I honestly feel a touch of fall in the air. I'm burning an autumnal Yankee Candle tart (cinnamon apple or something) (another weakness of mine - smelly candles/tarts), drinking tea, and thinking of crisper days, pumpkins, and mittens. Today's been a bit rough emotionally this morning, so I'm trying to start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment