Friday, September 24, 2010

Consignment Sale - September 24, 2010

Today I hit a large, popular consignment sale with a friend. I spent $40 and got everything you see...after the jump!



A vintage Betty Crocker cookbook for me. The kid just got her hands on it, but it's already ripped anyway...
I'd read that this Leapfrog toy was good for helping with communication. Now I think I got the wrong one. It doesn't work perfectly, but the kid seems to like it.
Super-cute Gymboree shirt.

Detail of super-cute shirt.
Halloween outfit. I broke my no-Target rule because it was cute and cheap.
Old Navy jeans.

Levi's jeans - and they're the same style/number as the ones I wear!

Carter's jeans.

Set of Carter's jeans and Old Navy shirt. I bought this for the jeans, the shirt is just OK.

Detail on back of Carter's jeans - birdie!
Old Navy pinky-peachy jeans.

Yes, there's a reason for three pairs of black leggings - they were cheap, they are different sizes, and one has ruffles at the bottom.
Overall, I really thought this particular sale was amazing. Ideally, of course, I would've bought everything on half-price day, except that most of what I got was marked not to be discounted. Plus, as I described it to my husband, it was like locusts descending on a field - a swarm of parents swooped in, and by the time we left an hour later, everything was extremely picked over. So I paid a bit extra for better selection.

There's one more sale in the area that I'm interested in, but honestly, the kid is now pretty much set for fall and winter. What I really need to do is get her old clothes set up so I can sell them at a consignment sale in the future. We've given a ton away, but she has some higher-end items that were gifts, thrifted, or splurges, and I don't want to just get rid of them. We'll see.

Final tally - $40 for four pairs of blue jeans, a pair of pink jeans, a Halloween outfit, a Gymboree top, an Old Navy top, a toy, a book, and three pairs of leggings.

1 comment: