Friday, September 3, 2010

The Friday Five - September 3, 2010

Courtesy of Friday5.org. [I love the Friday Five concept and am going to try to do this weekly, even if I don't always get the questions from the same place.]

1. What are the coolest and ugliest tattoos you’ve ever seen?

I hesitate to discuss ugly tattoos - there are blogs and communities all over the place that cover those. Coolest? In general, I love tattoos that are rich in color and detail. I love tattoos that have stories behind them. I love tattoos that make a statement - and I love finding out that someone I know has a hidden tattoo. (I have no tattoos - yet?)

2. Have you ever had a meal in which squid ink was an ingredient? How was it?

I'm a vegetarian, so I wouldn't eat such a thing now. I have had squid ink pasta in the long ago non-vegetarian past, and I don't remember it having a particularly special flavor.

3. Are you one of those people who has a favorite pen, or one of those people who just uses whatever’s at hand? What’re your favorite pens like?

I don't have a special favorite pen. I have found as the years go by that my handwriting has degenerated more and more as my typing has picked up speed. (I type over 90 wpm.) That said, I prefer pens that write smoothly, I prefer black pens to blue pens, and I don't like cheap pens, although I have tons of them around the house from various CVS deals.

4. There’s a box of colored markers on the table, and someone tells everyone assembled to grab one. If you have first pick, what do you take?

I'd probably grab a green one and start drawing trees and grass.

5. Have you ever written on a wall in a public place?

Yes, but only when it was sanctioned or acceptable to do so. I also have written on the walls of various cabins at summer camp, but I'm not sure if that counts as public.

No comments:

Post a Comment