Monday, September 13, 2010

Staycation Day 1 - Zoo Atlanta - September 13, 2010


My daughter has this entire week off from preschool; just when we'd gotten used to the whole routine (six weeks of it), everything's gone topsy turvy. I suppose this schedule of six weeks on/one week off works well for teachers, and older kids may benefit (or may just sleep late all week), but man, it's disruptive. But we're making the best of it with a Staycation.

Today we hit Zoo Atlanta using tickets I'd gotten for half price from Half Off Depot. The kid was OK with the whole thing - not entirely thrilled to be there, several whiny moments, but no all-out meltdowns, really. That's a good day out for her. We spent two hours exploring and did manage to see just about everything. The budgie exhibit (parakeets all over the place!) amused me greatly. We got a nice view of the lions snoozing, saw a snake laying non-fertile eggs (a woman near us was asking the zoo worker if she could have some and was making arrangements to pick them up later - I wish I'd heard exactly WHY she wanted them), and got really close to a ring-tailed lemur. Good stuff.

Then we tried out Grant Central Pizza & Pasta for lunch. Delicious. Seriously, some of the best pizza I've had since we moved to Atlanta. Crispy crust, fresh toppings, nom nom nom. My husband's calzone was monstrous, and my daughter's cheese slice came kid cut without me asking. We'll definitely go back.

Snoozing piggie in the petting zoo
Baby giraffe! Just before I took this pic, she was nursing, awwww
Vacuum cleaner sucks up budgie...oooh...bye bye.... (that's for my husband)
The lioness checks us out
We always say one of my cats acts just like a meerkat
Also, I listed a few more new goodies in my Etsy shop:

Dishwasher magnet - are the dishes dirty or clean?
Daily affirmation pocket mirror #1 - You Are Loved
Daily affirmation pocket mirror #2 - You Are Worthy

More daily affirmation pocket mirrors on their way! I really love this idea and this new line - I just feel like everyone could use a hug these days, you know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment