Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Driving Driving Driving - June 8, 2011

I do not like driving. I do not like it one tiny bit. I dislike it so much that from age 18 or so until age 30-something, I simply Did Not Do It. I feel like I wrote about this all before - if not, I will address it more in depth in a future post. I think. Probably.

Anyway, when I was pregnant I took some road lessons and little by little over the years I've been making progress facing this fear and dealing with it. Today, I drove three different places. To the farmers market, home. To a restaurant for lunch, home. To the co-working/playspace, home. Yesterday I drove to the pool. Tomorrow I'll drive to the pool, home, and then to the co-working/playspace again.

I DID IT.

Maybe in a few months I'll be ready to try to drive to some of the places on my wishlist - places others would laugh at, because they're so close, but they're....still so far. But I'm doing it.

Go me.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel... I am struggling to get my driving hours to get my permit right now and I'm 23... I've been trying since I was 19. >_<

    ReplyDelete