Thursday, May 19, 2011

Your Choices Are Valid - May 19, 2011

I'll keep this short and sweet.

You - you, reading this right now, if you are female and in charge of some children - are very likely not the worst mother in the world, the most terrible mother in the world, or the biggest meaniepants mother in the world. I suspect that if you are reading this, you are probably a mother who loves her children deeply and dearly. And to that end, you make choices that reflect that love. Maybe the choices were very difficult. Maybe the choices were easy. Maybe the choices led to further complicated decisions. Maybe I don't agree with your choices. (I'm judgy! I'm sorry! But in the end who the hell am I anyway?) Maybe your mother-in-law doesn't agree with your choices. But in the end, your choices are made with love and concern. I know that, you know that. Own your choices. Stop talking about how you're a bad mom and worrying about random strangers and close personal family friends judging you and instead celebrate that you are a good mom. Start doing that today, OK?

I'll try to take my own advice too. Because I sure need to. The judging isn't going to go away - internally or externally. But today I'm going to try to make it all about LOVE.

I sound goopy. I've got to go yell at my cat for sitting on the kitchen table again...

1 comment:

  1. I.heart.this. (And you too for being a good friend, good mom and reminding us mamas to celebrate who we are!)

    ReplyDelete