Thursday, February 24, 2011

Memey Thursday - February 24, 2011

I have clothing and baby gear to tag for an upcoming consignment sale (consignment season in Metro Atlanta is upon us!) and I probably have other things I should be doing, but a friend of mine posted this meme and I thought I'd do it instead.

[It begins with talk of rules and tagging, but I think it will wind up being pretty self contained here.]


1. Make a list of 5 things that you can see without getting up:
My cat Mikko.

My husband.
A scarf I designed that has a hidden Boston Bruins logo in it. (Illusion design.)
The book I'm reading - American Idol: The Untold Story. (Don't hate! It's fascinating.)
The kid's high chair that I've been thinking she may be ready to transition out of.

2. How do you style your hair?

I pull it back in a big puffy ponytail just about every day. I really should get a haircut...

3. What are you wearing now?

Ooh baby. I'm wearing my comfiest jeans that aren't ripped, my clogs, green socks, and a long-sleeved black T-shirt that has shrunk in the sleeves but that still mostly fits. Ish.

4. What's your occupation?

Writer/editor (but lately it's been slow). Button/jewelry maker. Mom. Procrastinator Extraordinaire.

5. What do you hear right now?

The dryer chugging away.

6. Who was the last person you hugged?

My husband.

7. What is/was for dinner?

Last night: mashed potatoes, a Gardein chick'n breast, Trader Joe's roasted corn, Stonewall Kitchen  vidalia onion fig sauce. Tonight: I want to go out. We shouldn't go out. I want to go out. We shouldn't go out. etc.

8. What did you do today?

Got the kid off to school successfully (she is wearing UNDERPANTS! she is potty training HERSELF! that's a post for another day, but allow me to shout it one more time - my daughter has cerebral palsy, is 3.5 years old, and is potty training herself!). Walked around Decatur looking for CatLanta kitten magnets (they were gone by the time I got around, but I've been assured that there will be more soon). Backed up my hard drive and updated my GPS software. Reclaimed a laundry basket full of stuff (put the stuff into a bin that used to hold Lush - now the bin, the room, and the stuff all smell delicious) so that the basket could be used for the upcoming children's consignment sale at which I'm selling. Caught up on Tivo - Glee, American Idol, RuPaul's Drag Race Untucked. Still feel like I haven't done enough today.

9. Dog person or cat person?

Cat person.

10. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?

I don't love my first name, but I can't think of what I'd rather it be. I went through a phase where I went by my middle name, but it was temporary and silly.

11. What was the last thing that you bought?

Yesterday I had a delightful shopping morning with a friend and her daughter. Among other things, I bought some K-cups, some socks, some Vitatops, an organizer for my button biz, and some Torani syrup. As an aside, I was sad that the selection of Torani at the store was mostly sugar-free. I don't do artificial sweeteners. Thus, my personal selection was limited more than I wanted it to be. I got vanilla and caramel though. I'll live.

12. If you could afford to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Japan and/or Australia.

13. Where do you see yourself in five years?

Back to some sort of job. Watching my amazing kid walk and talk. Probably still living where I'm living. Five years. So long and yet so short.

14. Where's your birthmark?

I don't have one.

15. What are you doing this weekend?

It's a rare planless Saturday, so I'm hoping we'll go enjoy a museum or just hang out in a park somewhere. Sundays are always speech therapy days but the weather widget also says it will be warm and sunny so hopefully, again, something outside and fun.

16. If you could play any musical instrument, which one would you play?

Piano. But I was terrible at it when I was forced to take lessons as a child.

17. How tired are you?

Is there anything but tired?

18. What is/was your favorite thing about today?

The cats following me around the quiet house. The brisk walk around town looking for tiny magnets. The sunshine.


If you want to copy this meme, go for it. Link back to me if you want to. Comment if you want to. Do whatever you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment