In honor of the sixty-fourth birthday of Richard Carpenter, this week’s Friday 5 is inspired entirely by the songs of the Carpenters.
1. Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
I've been lovingly called the Animal Princess in my past. Seriously. Feral cats lay on their backs. Baby bunnies don't run away. Something like that.
2. What always gets you down?
I could get all gloomy with this, but I'll just say that dark mornings get me down. I much prefer long days with sun streaming in the window as I wake.
3. If you had to live yesterday once more (literally yesterday, as in Thursday the 14th), which part might be worth writing a pretty pop song about?
I'll write you a little song about the simplicity of letting your cat snuggle up and purr in your lap instead of doing chores.
4. Where’s the coolest place you’ve been where you could look “down on creation?”
The CN Tower in Toronto! The glass floor!
5. What’s something in your life that has only just begun?
Watching my girl grow and get stronger and more able every day. (She's just figured out how to lift her feet and ride her walker instead of walking with it. Silly kid.)
Friday, October 15, 2010
Friday Five - October 15, 2010
Courtesy of Friday5.org. (I think these questions are fun!)