Even if I abandon this blog for 99% of the year, I think I'll always come back to do this. I also need to come back to this specific post and update it once I check some notes to see what I've forgotten. This year was a BIG BLUR.
Away we go! I did this in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, and 2010!
1. What did you do in 2016 that you'd never done before?
Voted for a woman for President! Had a cat with diabetes. Dealt with a fallen tree.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any that I can think of.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin had another babby. A few friends announced pregnancies.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Lots of famous people but nobody I knew personally.
5. What countries did you visit?
No traveling this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Weight loss. Patience. Sleep.
7. What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 9.... Also July 6, the day a TREE FELL ON MY HOUSE.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I scored two job interviews that both included callbacks. I'm still waiting to find out about one - I didn't get the other job but I'm still proud of it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn't get a job and I lost the one long-term gig I had.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No but my house did.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New computer. Costco membership. Boxes of makeup (inexpensive and fun). The cat-diabetes monitor (so we could manage him by ourselves instead of at the vet)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
2016 was the worst.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well it rhymes with Dump.....
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, including cat bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Not much this year that I can think of. Well, there was one thing, but it didn't happen.
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Boys for Pele reissue = entire album. Also the Westworld theme song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
II. Thinner or fatter?
III. Richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
The same as every year, Pinky - a trip to Super H-Mart, Indian-Chinese food.
21. What, if any, insight did you gain about yourself in 2016?
I worry a LOT.
22. Did you fall in love in 2016?
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
the Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Orphan Black, Black Mirror, Westworld
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I did drift away from some people but I don't hate anyone.
26. What was the best book you read?
My Sister Rosa, The Nest, Rosalie Lightning, Where Am I Now?, The One and Only Ivan, In My Absence, Lab Girl, Grunt, I'm Judging You, The Girl with All the Gifts
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I listened to old favorites, mostly. I think I love Lizzo though. And Within the Wires was the best podcast, though In the Dark is also in my top five.
28. What did you want and get?
New makeup. A good year for the kid.
29. What did you want and not get?
A job. STILL.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I will have to get back to you - I didn't go to the theater but I did watch some movies and I can't remember any of them right now.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 43. Had a carport party with lots of fizz and lots of neighbors.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
34. What kept you sane?
Prosecco and Ativan.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Nyle still, I guess.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I can't think of anyone this year.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.
We are all in the wrong fucking timeline.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I'm OK when everything is not OK.