Five New Year's Resolutions for 2011
- Drive more. Goals include Edgewood Shopping District, the Tucker Goodwill, and a few more friends' houses. Long-term goal is the library in the county next door, but that seems very long term right now.
- Participate in one to three craft shows. Logistics may make this one trickier, so an acceptable substitute is to expand the number of stores that carry my wares - and to make sure those stores are at least five miles away from my house.
- Spend less time online. My plan to wean myself from my Internet addiction is to make a list of sites I visit (there are only about five I go to regularly, when all is said and done) and tape it to my laptop. I am allowed to go to each site once and do what I need to do, but then after I complete the list I must step away from the computer for at least an hour and do something else.
- Read at least 50 books. I think that in 2010 I managed 30 or 40 (I need to figure this out via Shelfari) but I can do better.
- Pare down the clutter. It's time to part with the baby gear, to take the baby clothes to consignment stores and/or thrift stores, to sort through the books, to make some hard decisions about yarn, and to just overall PARE.