Friday, December 10, 2010

I have not fallen off the face of the Earth - December 10, 2010

  • This week was going to be "List Week." I wrote Monday's post and was dissatisfied with it, so I put it aside. Then I came back, tried to undo one error, and erased the whole thing. It wasn't meant to be, apparently. 
  • But look, this is a list! That should count.
  • I have stopped doing the Friday Fives for now because they haven't been resonating with me, but I'll probably start them again in the new year.
  • I just finished a two-day craft show that took up a ton of time (prepping, creating inventory, and so on). I made a nice (for me) profit and had a lot of fun. 
  • Unfortunately, some of the supplies I ordered didn't come in time, including bails I ordered from Etsy without realizing they were coming from Hong Kong. Oops. Hopefully they will arrive early next week.
  • I have started knitting again. I wanted a coffee sleeve, I didn't want to buy one, and so I picked up the needles again and voila. Coffee sleeve. I've finished two (one knit flat that I am having someone else seam because I am both lame and in need of a new yarn needle, and one knit with magic loop) and am working on a third. This third one is interesting because I'm using yarn I apparently bought nine years ago at this wacky little shop in Montreal. There, they spun cones of "yarn" made up of individual threads that you could select individually if you wanted. From what I remember, I bought pre-made cones. I don't know what the yarn is made of (I think it's wool and cotton - I know there are ways to test it) but it's pretty. I chose some wacky novelty-ish yarn for this coffee sleeve. It's a bitch to knit with (sorry, but it is) but it's coming out interestingly. If this goes well I may start knitting...something else, not sure what. It was like riding a bike, as the cliche goes. It took me watching a few videos on knittinghelp.com to remember some things, but after a few rows I was flying along.
  • I'm reading the History of Love by Nicole Krauss and loving it. My to-read pile is growing alarmingly fast though. I need to get on that. I believe I've read about 40 or 50 books this year. Unfortunately I don't date everything in Shelfari and I can't remember what book was the final one of 2009. Oops.
  • My kid is doing amazingly well. We had our parent conference and she's on her way to meeting most of the goals we set out for her at the beginning of the school year, which was in AUGUST. That's like 5 minutes ago, seriously. These were things she couldn't do at all, and now she can. She can use a fork and spoon! She can walk all around with her walker, even navigating around and into tight spaces. She says new words! I'm so proud, it's ridiculous. Oh and she's adorable and social and everyone loves her.
  • I have a private blog for her that I haven't updated in forever, but it proved useful as a baby book today when someone needed to know when she met certain milestones. Note to self - update her blog way more often.
  • She has two weeks off from preschool. Oh dear.
  • And it's almost 2011. Yikes.
  • I'm still in love with my Keurig, but my K-cup order of four new ones has been delayed. (I also threw in an iced coffee/tea cup with an attached straw because I LOVE the Celestial Seasonings Southern Sweet Tea K-cups but don't want to keep making them into breakable glass.) 
  • I also have ordered a Solofill that should be here in a few weeks. I use the Keurig at least once a day if not more. I loooove coffee. I bought a new travel mug from Starbucks when it was on sale during the 12 Days of Sharing, so that makes me happy too. 
  • I'll try to blog more.

No comments:

Post a Comment