- Still enamored of my Keurig brewer. The best prices I've found on K-cups are at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a coupon (so they come out to about $7.50-$8.50 for a box of 18 cups). I still haven't used my B2G2 coupon for Keurig.com (you'll get one too if you register your brewer there) but I have a bunch of things in my shopping cart - mostly chocolate-based coffees, unsurprisingly. I plan on going to BB&B with a fistful of coupons in the next few days (I also want a storage unit for the cups - I love the drawer that goes under the brewer) and getting a box or two there.
- I tried iced coffee with the machine, by the way, and it worked just fine. There are a million other ways to make iced coffee, this one's just fast and easy. Brew over glass of ice, the end. I don't think I need a special iced-coffee K-cup for this, but maybe down the road I'll try one. I do want to try the iced Southern sweet tea K-cup though...
- I noticed that the Solofill is going to be available via Amazon in mid-December. This reusable cup for the Keurig brewer seems to be garnering the best reviews, so I'll be grabbing it with credit from Swagbucks for sure.
- I did very little Black Friday shopping. For the past two years I've hit CVS on Black Friday for all the freebies, but this year I had no ECBs and the weather outside was nasty and my kid had a terrible, sleepless night (she had a string of great nights followed by way too many nights full of hours of screaming, kicking, and crying) that made us all groggy, so I skipped it. What did I buy? A limited edition scent from Rockin' Green cloth diaper laundry detergent (I love this stuff and wish I'd started using it sooner! My diapers no longer have the stinkies! I've used Soft Rock and Funk Rock so far - I ordered Classic Rock in Sugar Ray Plum this time) and a set of towels on lightning sale from Amazon.
- I set up a coupon code for my Etsy store for the first time. This one's only for Facebook fans of my shop, so head on over there. I'm sure I'll create a code or two for my blog readers as well...
- Zipper pulls are back in stock at my Etsy store, by the way. So far I've only listed breastfeeding-themed zipper pulls, but cute animals and fun designs are on their way soon.
- Next week is my second craft show of the year - and I'll have brand new art (from Piddix!) for the mirrors I'm bringing.
- I'm finishing up the Happiness Project and plan on having a review for the blog very, very soon. (Short review: Love it!)
- I'm looking forward to going to Publix in the next few days and stocking up on Gardein - dorky, but true! It's on BOGO at $4 (so $2 each) and I bought 20 $1/Gardein coupons on ebay for $1.50 - totally worth buying coupons in this case!
- Alas, I couldn't find the Gardein faux-turkey meal this year, so I had a Tofurky for Thanksgiving. It's OK, I just really wanted something new and exciting this time around. I have to say, though, that I love an open-faced Tofurky-and-gravy sandwich. I was disappointed that this year's meal kit didn't have the dumplings and instead had a chocolate cake. I loved the dumplings!
- Tell a friend about my blog, would ya?
Friday, November 26, 2010
K-cups, Black Friday, and more - November 26, 2010
My daughter had this week off from preschool, so there's been precious little time for blogging. Here's what I can tell you: