Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Never A Dull Moment - February 7, 2012

Ah, life. So fun, so exciting, so full of unexpected...surprises.

Yesterday, I posted a video and then I went out with my husband for a run. I use my phone to both listen to music and run the Couch to 5K app, so it was strapped to my arm. We were about 3/4 of the way through when my phone vibrated that someone was calling. I didn't recognize the number, so I didn't answer - but it was a local call (I get TONS of spam calls for the previous owner of my phone number - 6+ years ago - but those are not usually from my area code) and that made me wonder. Ah, they left a message, so I wasn't worried.

And then the phone buzzed again and it said it was her school (I have that number set to say that for THIS reason). So I stopped, ripped the phone off my arm and out of my armband, and panted a hello. It was the principal. My daughter had fallen while she was in her walker. Face first. And her partial bridge (her front four teeth) was part way out and broken. And she was "OK" but crying. Oh, and the bleeding had stopped.

So we ran straight home (no cool down for me - and no water, no shower, no breakfast) and into the car. On the way to school, I called our amazing dentist who told us to come right in. Her office is 45 minutes away but she is worth everything.

When we got to school, we found one very distraught little girl. Her partial had come fully out and was cracked in half - in exactly the spot it had cracked a few weeks ago (though not as completely that time). She had blood on her shirt and pants and she was hysterical. So off to the dentist we rushed. The end of the story is that she didn't need stitches and we are going to keep the partial out for now - possibly until her adult teeth come in, which could be in a few months or a few years.

Because, you know, it's not enough for her to have cerebral palsy, right? (The dental issues are indirectly related to her CP. Because nothing is SIMPLE EVER.)

Oy. Anyway, she's fine now - occasionally signing "hurt" and pointing to her mouth, but mostly back to her babbling, smiling self. Well, herself with those pouty puffy lips that ladies spend thousands of dollars to get...

By the way, I'm running my first 5K in March. I'd love it if you'd consider sponsoring me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment